Our future lifeguards in the making.
We run Junior Surf programmes for children aged 4-13 designed to develop tomorrow’s lifeguards. This runs from 9.30-11am every Sunday, November to March. Sunday updates to programmes are posted on Facebook as weather dictates some sessions. Our Junior Surf Open Day for the start of 2023/2024 season is Sunday 5th November starting at 10am for all levels, we look forward to seeing new and returning members join us in our brand new facilities.
The Junior Surf pathway is:
- For 4-6-year-olds wanting an introduction to the beach and surf in a gentle way
- Perfect if your child is not confident or is shy around the beach and sea environment
- Sundays 9.30am-10am
- For 7–13-year-olds wanting fun sessions that focus on being beach and surf smart
- At this age children can be introduced to surf sport carnivals and competitions
- Sundays 10am–11am
- For 12+ year-olds looking to develop as lifeguards.
- Rookie Surf Lifeguard programme is aimed at developing young surf lifeguards in the areas of lifesaving education, beach management, patrol experience, participation and social development.
- Sundays 10am–11am
- For 10-13-year-olds keen to develop a healthy approach to sport and take part in competitive surf sport competitions around the country, keep fit or gain valuable skills needed to be a future lifeguard.
- Not all Surf Carnivals are beach based. Surf Lifesaving runs pool-based competitions during the colder months, these competitions are for Ocean Athletes and older.
- The prerequisite is to be able to swim 200 metres in the sea and have a reasonable level of fitness.
- Session times are Tuesday and Thursday 3.30pm-4.30pm, Saturday 10am
You can join Midway on our membership page
Make sure you check out our Facebook page for the latest Club information – Midway Surf Club
Becoming a Member Online with SLSNZ is free and a requirement to belong to any surf club.
For further enquires contact: firstname.lastname@example.org